Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Dollhouse Minis

I was posting some pictures of my dollhouse stuff on Facebook and decided to write a blog about it. My mom is really into miniatures and makes lots of great things (you can see some of it on her blog tidbitsbycyndy.blogspot.com). I haven't made a lot of things, but I'm interested in making dollhouses, mini food, and other things. All my miniatures are 1:12 scale. My food and other items are made from clay. Here are some pictures of stuff that I've made. :)

I have 3 dollhouses. I got one from an uncle and my mom made another one. The third one is one that I am making from a kit that I bought at Hobby Lobby a couple years ago. As you can see from the picture, I'm not finished with it yet. The walls and floor are dry-fitted together and gluing will be the next step (after I make sure everything is the way I want it). My mom gave me some furniture kits and she made me a kitchen set (appliances & cabinets) so I have some things to put in it when I'm finished. She even found a dollhouse bathtub for me. I didn't glue the windows like the instructions said to. Instead, I've made it so they can be opened and closed. The door is also supposed to be glued shut, but my stepdad made me some little hinges so I can have that movable as well. I also bought a sheet of mini "tile" to put down for the bathroom and kitchen floors. I haven't had a lot of time to work on it, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to work on it this summer.This Gameboy Advance is one of the first things I made for my dollhouse. All I need to do is take a little black paint and paint a screen. :)
These are some Christmas candies that I made. I had some leftover clay so I squished it together and made the bowl.
My first cake. :) It's lemon poppy seed. I made the plates, too. The "poppy seeds" are black sand.
I had a bunch of leftover clay, so I made a big bowl of lemon poppy seed cupcakes.
I still had some clay leftover, so I made a cheese wheel and a cutting board to put it on.
I've been wanting to do this one! It's a fluffernutter prep board. I made a loaf of bread and cut some slices from it. My mom mixed up the "peanut butter" and "marshmallow fluff" for me and put some in a couple of clear plastic pony beads to look like jars. A completed sandwich is on the plate on the right. The scene is complete with peanut butter and marshmallow fluff on the two knives, as well as some blobs that got dropped by the jars. :)
This is the last thing that I've made. The bowl has tiny pieces of yellow clay "corn." The plate has a blob of ketchup, some tofu cubes, and a pile of corn. The white square is a block of tofu.
I'll be working on my dollhouses and making more things in the future, so be on the look out for more pictures! I will also be posting pictures in the next few weeks of the things that my mom has made me for my dollhouse. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment